Utility application portfolios are constantly evolving as new business needs arise and legacy applications are retired. Utilization of IEC CIM and other industry standards for semantic modeling reduces integration effort for utility IT projects. It rationalizes integration effort across enterprise applications and reduces costs.
Building on industry standards such as CIM improves a business’s ability to adapt and leads to business innovation.
With Affirma you can:
- utilize IEC CIM and other standards as a starting point
- integrate other ontologies, both standards and vendor specific
- design based upon common semantics
- tie linage to data mappings and transformation
- tie linage to data pipelines and implementations
- tie governance of semantics and linage to data governance
“organizations that share ontology, semantics, governance and stewardship processes to enable enterprise data sharing will outperform those that don’t.” Gartner – Leverage semantics to Drive Business Value From Data
“important Components of a Data Fabric…develop capabilities for semantic modeling…”Gartner – Data Fabric Is The Future of Data Management
“A future-looking system framework based on standards and a comprehensive enterprise semantic model” PowerGrid – The IEC CIM Key to Integrated Grid Interoperability